Benefits for healthcare providers
- Lower costs:
- TPT costs are 80% less than the cost of a course of therapy by a psychological wellbeing practitioner
- No need for staff training or regular patient supervision by a therapist
- No extra capital investment
- Secondary prevention reduces need for further treatment.
- The first line prescribing of TPT can reduce drug prescription charges.
- Reduction in demand for consultations by 'revolving door' patients
- Cuts waiting lists: High-level IAPT and secondary care services are freed up for more seriously ill patients
- Instant access:
- Presenting patients can leave the consulting room with a prescription giving immediate access to a suitable treatment offered in the 'language of their thoughts'..
- The patient/prescriber relationship can be improved by responsive early intervention
- Reduced dependency: Opportunity to reduce risk and cost of patient dependency on prescription drugs
- Reduced benefits bill: Patients can get back to work without deteriorating on a waiting list for other treatments
- Cost-effective: This results in a more cost-effective and economical solution for commissioners and prescribers and greater choice for patients
- Supports Government agendas on:
- Cost reductions in the NHS
- Patient choice
- Flexible delivery of services
- Access by minority groups
- Use of new technology
- Innovation programmes